Surgical Influence Live Surgery | Guided Bone Regeneration
In this didactic, hands-on, and live surgery course, Dr. Fien, Dr. Puterman, and Dr. Leavitt will review all the details required to successfully perform advanced socket grafting and ridge augmentation in clinical practice. This session will review in detail appropriate incision designs for guided bone regeneration, flap management, minimally invasive techniques to harvest autogenous bone, material selection, handling of biomaterials, and techniques to maintain space. A special focus on stabilization of the graft/membrane complex with periosteal biting stabilization sutures and simplified techniques to achieve tension-free primary closure will also be reviewed in detail.
In this course, you will learn practical techniques to perform Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR) using resorbable materials. This technique is indicated for the treatment of varying degrees of alveolar ridge deficiency, especially in the horizontal dimension, as well as for GBR immediately following tooth extraction when a buccal deficiency is present. This technique can be utilized to perform Guided Bone Regeneration prior to implant placement or simultaneously with implant placement.
- Understand the concept, rationale, and biologic requirements of Guided Bone Regeneration
- Learn to diagnose and treatment plan alveolar ridge deficiencies
- Learn about the various material options available
- Learn specific techniques that are required to predictably perform Guided Bone Regeneration with resorbable materials
- Learn to Design and Place Incisions for ridge augmentation
- Learn how to prepare the recipient site for bone augmentation
- Learn minimally invasive techniques to harvest autogenous bone
- Learn various techniques to stabilize the graft/membrane complex
- Learn soft tissue management protocols to achieve tension free primary closure
Matthew Fien | DDS
Israel Puterman | DMD, MSD
Curry Leavitt | DMD, MS
2 Days | 4/21 & 4/22 | 7:30AM - 5:30PM
2 Live Surgeries
Hands-On Skill Development
16 Units | Pace-Certified CE
Day One | 7:30AM - 5:30PM
Guided Bone Regeneration Lecture
Hands-On Surgical Training
Live Surgery | Extraction Socket Grafting
Day Two | 7:30AM - 5:30PM
Hands-On Guided Bone Regeneration Training
Live Surgery | Ridge Augmentation
Limited Class Size
The course is limited to 30 attendees on a first come, first served basis. We cannot make exceptions.
Due to our small class size we are able to teach to all experience levels. Our goal in teaching this course is to help you gain the skills necessary to incorporate guided bone regeneration into your practice.
All attendees will receive a comprehensive manual and 16 units of Pace-Certified Continuing Education.
Food & Beverages
Tuition includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, beverages, and cocktail hour.
For all questions and additional information, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all sales are final and refunds will not be granted.